Saturday 9 March 2013

Water Marble Nails

I've seen this a couple of times on Instagram now & wondered how the hell they did it, so I searched it on google & it came up with like a million tutorials & it's surprisingly easy, although very messy !
I won't do a tutorial on here because there is some amazing ones on YouTube if you type in water marble nail art, but you basically need a cup of water - room temperature, a couple of nail polishes, the higher pigment the better, some tape & some sort of stick (I just used a cocktail umbrella stick ). Then you dip your first colour of polish into the water & it should spread out then repeat with your second colour & again with the first about ten times, with your stick bring the outside of the polish into the centre & try to be as quick as you can as it drys really quick on the water, now dip your finger in tip first (remember to tape around the edges of the nail ) pull any polish left on the water away with your stick then remove your finger :) it does take a while as you have to repeat this for every finger but the amount of compliments I've had on these make it well worth it ! Does anyone know of another ways of doing the marble look ? Or any one else have any pictures of your own ? I'd love to see :)
Xx

21 comments:

  1. hi dear! i just found your blog and i love it! great post! would you like to follow each other? i always return the follow..just let me know
    http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this! New follower :D

    http://lashingsoflipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow they look amazing, i tried once and i failed, badly haha :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I took me a few tries to get it right lol x

      Delete
  4. Love the effect and the colours look great together! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool! i love doing marble nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome, i've tried this before and it didn't seem to work for me, not sure why...

    Mind taking a second to check out my blog? I love feedback :)
    www.rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! Really want to try them too, but I always get in such a mess when I attempt nail art!

    B x

    I'd love it if you took a look at my blog and entered my giveaway here!: RebeccaRuby - A lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I have nominated you for the liebster award! If you would like to take part you can find all the information on my blog :D

    http://lashingsoflipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love your blog! Definitely following now, stay in touch xx

    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beauitifulllll!!! Definitely following!! (:
    http://smokeanddiiamondsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The amount of times I've attempted these and they just turn out a disaster is countless. You've made them look perfect!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, i just found your blog and it's very beautifulll!!!
    Nails are my passion, and theese are so cute!
    Compliments!
    Excuse me for my English, but I am an Italian girl.

    If you want, come in my blog.
    Every week I will post a lot of articles about Mode, Design, Creative inventions, books and reviews.

    http://robertadellabora.blogspot.it/

    I'm also on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Il.GS.RobertaDellabora

    ReplyDelete
  13. These nails are the coolest ever! So trying these out.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just fell in love with your blog! Follow me back if you'd like! :)

    itskatja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your nail art is amazing and this swirl pattern reminds me of strawberry swirl sweets, yum!

    I am your latest follower on GFC and would be great to follow each other, if you would like to follow back.

    Be great if you could check my two latest sports luxe outfit posts. Would love to know which you prefer: BOY London | Sports Luxe Outfit 1 or Celine Paris | Sports Luxe Outfit 2

    Thanks :) Charlie UK Fashion Blog | Lurch Hound Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this!
    xx M

    http://cracks-in-the-pavement-92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete